Sunday, August 7, 2011

Celebrating Twenty-Three Years

In the past, I've never really been that sentimental about anniversaries.  Well, maybe the first few, but after that, what seemed more important was that we should treat each other as if every day is our anniversary.

In small ways, we confirm throughout each and every day our commitment to each other and our lives together.

Here's an example...John knows I'm a morning person so he makes the coffee at night and sets the timer to go off and be ready for me first thing in the morning.  I reciprocate by taking a cup to him in bed each morning when he has to get up.
(He's not a morning person)
 He helps me around the house, I never have to ask.  He always comes to me first and says, "What can I do to help you?" He even will ask when I'm in the middle of a hormone induced breakdown....brave man!

I'm sure that a big part of me not making a big deal about our anniversary is because so often it falls on difficult days. 
Weekday celebrations are often difficult when the day you got married falls during the first week of school.  Weekend celebrations usually fall on the weekend of the month that John has National Guard duty.

For this reason, we've just taken time somewhere around our special day to try to do something special.

John always sends flowers...

And we try to have some time alone whether it's for a walk or even a quick dinner out.

One of the best ways we celebrated one year was to take our family with us on a trip to this place......


It was one of our most memorable!
I loved sharing our special day with our children.

This weekend was, of course, National Guard.  I was able to get away with John and since he finished early  for the day, we decided we could make it to church in time for evening Mass. 

We went to the old one first because Road Mate on my phone didn't have the location of the new one.


 After a Google search we found it...

The difference in architecture was HUGE!

It just seemed so fitting to thank the Lord for the blessed life he has given us together.  Mass was amazing.  The priest gave a stirring sermon that challenged us to keep moving forward  in our faith.

It was a good day.

I am very blessed to have such a husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment