Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Essentials in My Kitchen

Days seem to go better if I can be thankful for small things. Today I'd like to mention just a few items that have made my life in the kitchen so much better through the years.

My Bosch mixer....I use it for everything. I have never had any trouble with it and have owned it for maybe twelve years.....I bought it and a wheat grinder at the same time. It makes the best homemade bread!


During the holidays, nothing can mash potatoes faster and whip up sweet potatoes and the topping that goes with them. I love it because I don't have to hold it while it works. I just toss everything in and turn it on! It works great for cakes too.  The bonus is that it's a blender also and makes very good smoothies.

The other kitchen tool that I absolutely adore is this one....


John calls it the instrument of death. And to be fair, it could cut off a finger in a split second. But since all cutting and chopping has some risk of dismemberment, I'll take the chance for the HUGE amount of time it saves me. Using proper precautions of course! It's a Swissmar Borner V-Slicer. 

 It can turn these potatoes


Into these hash browns in under three minutes.



And the best part is that it doesn't require electricity!

These things just make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment