Thursday, September 22, 2011

An Autumn Daybook

FOR TODAY (Simple Woman's Daybook)

Outside my window...
Dense fog and darkness...a typical fall morning...

I am thinking...
Today needs to be much more productive than yesterday.

I am thankful...
For a cup of coffee in the morning, a filling breakfast, a beautiful day ahead

In the kitchen...
Tenderloin biscuits for breakfast and grilled fish for supper (I still have to figure out what will go with it)

I am wearing...
Summer capris and a light purple logo shirt for work.  I'm stretching the season on summer sandals as long as I can and the temperature will be high enough today to get by with it one more time before the chilly weather moves in tomorrow.

I am creating...Not anything specific...but there are so many things I have in mind...like decorating my screened porch and making new curtains for the kitchen. (Now that the trees have been trimmed, the sun is going to be brutal!)

I am going...
To work on getting my meal planning act together....I was doing great and have fallen off the wagon the past two weeks.  I've been to the store almost everyday....the pantry is stocked a little better now after a major summer clean out and now I have to plan our menus from it and only go to the store once a week.

I am wondering...
How the ladies who write these beautiful blogs do it!  I'm so thankful to have inspiration from others...but just can't imagine how they fit it all in.  Maybe it's because I'm over thinking things.....

I am reading...
Stacks of magazines that have piled up over the past few months...I don't receive a lot of magazines...mostly ones others have gifted to me.  I really enjoy some of these and just need to catch up (this would also help with the decorating the side porch...and decluttering!)

I'm waiting for ....
Quiet time to read "The Gift of the Sea" that I've ordered from Amazon.   I heard about it in this post. How I've missed this book all these years I just don't know.  It seems everyone I've asked about it has heard of it or read it.

I am hoping...
To keep making progress on some personal goals....baby steps every day :)

I am looking forward to...
The second half of "Margin and Living Gracefully" as mentioned in the above post.

I am hearing...
Quiet.  I love this time of year when the air conditioners stop running and in the early morning hours everyone is still sleeping.  I just love the quiet.

Around the house...
I need to figure out how to keep the bugs from eating my cabbage without using pesticides.  It's time to change from summer to winter bedding...too cold for summer but just a bit early for winter quilts.

I am pondering...
The future and how to make the most of the time I have RIGHT NOW! As a planner I'm always looking ahead and sometimes miss what is happening here and now....I want to cherish every moment.

One of my favorite things...
Sharing a cup of coffee or tea after work sitting in the glider in the back yard when the mosquitoes aren't attacking or on the side porch when they are.  I love this "down time".  I just seem to skip over it too often. After work today....that will be a priority.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I will be working on repainting our outdoor furniture before cold weather sets in. I need to paint the porch railing....but that may have to wait...we have outdoor plans for the weekend and I'm really looking forward to them.

I've temporarily given up on figuring out how to make a banner for my blog...but I'd like to write a post about "This Old House" that we live in....

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I know the lighting is horrible...but this is Ben learning how to drive our standard shift car.   John is next to him and I'm now "a back seat driver"!  I'm finding that I like it back there....a lot less to worry about. He's doing a great job, but I can't believe n two short months he will be out on his own. Letting go is both frightening and liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment