Friday, September 2, 2011

A Pleasant Evening

It seems that no matter where you live, it is so easy to take what you have around you for granted.  In an effort to SLOW DOWN and enjoy the life around me I took a walk with John Wednesday evening and I thought I'd share these everyday joys with you.....

A view from "The River Bridge" in town....

A bend in the river....

The cornfield on the other side.....(my picture)
John's picture...he's taller and could get the rows!
A neat country lane with sweet little mailboxes along the way.

This walk takes us out of town and into the country within a matter of minutes.  It delights the senses and brings a peaceful calm that I need so much in the middle of the week. Late summer insects, birds, country dogs barking and following along with us, gardens at the end of the season, corn ready to harvest, a breeze offering relief from the heat, the company of my sweet husband, I could go on and on.

Two and a half miles round trip and I felt ready to tackle the rest of the week.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming three day weekend and the joy of spending it in the garden and catching up on some tasks around the house. I hope to spend some time figuring out the banner for the top of this blog...it is challenging my technological skills! I have several posts to work on and I really want to spend some time on the screen porch sipping some ice tea! 
Have a great Weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment