Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Saturday Afternoon

Lately, I have been making an effort to live in the moment.  I try to accomplish the daily tasks around the house, but I am consciously making an effort to just stop and enjoy every moment as much as possible.  Yesterday afternoon the weather was amazing so I put anything possible off and enjoyed the day.


John and I walked to the edge of town and through the flood gates to climb this hill...it doesn't look very tall, and it really isn't, but it does provide a decent workout, beautiful scenery, and views at the top.


We walked around the back of the hill and up an old logging road.
 
Our town. 
There was still a lot of foliage blocking the best views...we'll have to go back soon to get more pictures :)


A little way down the steep side of the hill is a rock that John played on as a child.  He and his buddies named Ledge Rock. As a boy, he would hike up with a pot and a can of soup, build a fire and make lunch.  We ventured onto the rock (which I'm sure was much easier for fearless little boys) and spent a few minutes soaking up the sounds of the woods around us before we headed back down into town.

On the way down....
We finished the day with evening Mass and dinner with my parents and Ben. 
I like this deliberate living that I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment