Saturday, December 3, 2011

December Daybook

FOR TODAY (Simple Woman's Daybook)

Outside my window...
The sun is just coming up and a hard frost is covering everything.

I am thinking...
Of how I need to stop playing on the computer and plan my weekend activities to be most productive.

I am thankful...
For a new job for Sarah...we've been praying for one.
Good conversations with children.
A warm house on this chilly morning.
Finding new blogs to explore....I have learned and been inspired by so many blogs...

In the kitchen...
Only the coffee pot is going this morning.  John left early for National Guard and everyone else is still asleep. Later I'll cook a crock pot turkey breast for weekend eating.

I am wearing...
Pajamas and a warm fleece robe. 

I am creating...
Christmas gift baskets today.  I received the last ingredients in the mail yesterday. I'm not putting anything off this year and that is a big thing off of my list

I am going...
Shopping with Sarah today to get some items she will need for her new job.

I am wondering...
How in the world I'm going to get the strand of Christmas lights to work that went out at the top of the tree last year.  Decorating it won't happen until I do.

I am reading...
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (free on Kindle) I've always wanted to try out this book and have been rather pleased with it so far.
Give Us This Day  Advent Devotional
Gift of the Sea by Lindberg (reading and soaking up each chapter a little at a time)
I'll be getting the Christmas books out today......

I'm waiting for ....

I am hoping...
To have a productive but relaxed weekend.

I am looking forward to...
Growing in my faith this Advent season.

I am hearing...
I hear a bird....it's funny how I haven't heard this so much lately.  I love that sound in the spring and summer and hadn't realized the absence of it. Mostly I've just been hearing squirrels.

Around the house...
Lots of things are halfway done...vacuuming, decorating, switching from Thanksgiving to Christmas....

I am pondering...
How I'm going to get our family together for a Christmas card picture and get them out in time :-D

One of my favorite things...
Sitting in the dark with only the Christmas tree lights on reflecting on the season of Christmas.  It is such a special, quiet time for me.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
-Clean the downstairs
-Finish my Christmas gift baskets
-Mark a few more gifts off of my list
-Decorate a little more
-Practice playing the new liturgical music before Mass tomorrow (or it could be very bad!)
-Bake bread (it's been far too long)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


An Advent Wreath given to us by our children and a tree sadly in need of repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment