Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Holiday Update

It's been a busy and beautiful holiday season with children home from college and siblings visiting from far away. Here are just a few pictures....
 Christmas cooking...


Family fun...cousins of all ages searching for the hidden pickle in Granny's angel trees!


The Reason for the Season...our children are too old for the Children's Mass, but we had a wonderful evening celebrating and sharing a potluck dinner with our church family.


My nephew.....


Between Christmas and New Year's Eve, we had our traditional overnight camping trip with friends from down the street.
No tent camping this time...here is the cabin retreat at Blanton Forest....


Work schedules and skiing kept the girls from joining us, but we still had a great time.  

It was cold, but refreshing! A wonderful time of reflection and quiet thankfulness.


On New Year's Day, we discovered an unexpected harvest of pecans in our neighbor's back yard.  It hasn't produced since we've lived here, and she welcomed us to pick up as many as we'd like.
  
I absolutely love the feeling I get when I harvest a crop!  Especially an unexpected windfall like these pecans or when a friend calls and says, "Would you like to come harvest the plums from my tree?" Such joy!!!!

  It's such an overwhelming feeling of the goodness of God. 

I imagine life for those who came before me and how a harvest of this nature would mean life saving nutrition.

I wish I could think of a more poetic way to say that it is just COOL!


We left plenty for the squirrels...but wow! What a bounty!

Now it's on to New Year's Resolutions....


No comments:

Post a Comment