Monday, March 12, 2012

Happenings...

It's been a busy few weeks.  I'll try to recap without dragging on too much....

Wiley has found a new sun spot...I moved the rug just for him.

Time has been flying by with college scholarship applications starting early for Ben, Sarah wrapping up her junior year, and Emily graduating from the university in May. 
Big changes and shifts in who lives where coming up! 

We've weathered the many storms that have surrounded us without damage.  For that, I am very thankful.

Spring is here and that means gardening and opening up the side porch...both big projects for me to take on.
The garden is emerging from dormancy and as usual, I'm belatedly trying to decide what to plant and where to plant it! I should have already done this. I placed the seed order today and I'm sure I was overly ambitious.  Over the next week, I'll refine the plans and decide what I can realistically take on.

My 40 Bags in 40 days challenge has been a bit slower during busy days, but I expected that.  I have a lot of stuff set aside to purge, but just have to bag it up and take it away. 


Last Friday we were out of school again for flooding.  I spent the day cleaning house. I didn't have to spend a lot of time tidying before cleaning like I usually do.  I attribute this to the 40 bags challenge. 

I had some girl time with a friend over the weekend.  We visited a very neat bakery....


..... and a Restore Habitat store where these two stoves caught my eye.

Isn't this old cook stove absolutely gorgeous? 
 If it could talk, what stories would it tell?

This pink 1950's makes me smile!

I found a little table for the side porch, but forgot to take a picture. I'm picking it up next week. 
I love thrifty finds!!!

I got an email the other day telling me about a new simple living group that will be meeting at our local extension office in a few weeks.  I'm planning to attend and am looking forward to meeting new people.


This beautiful hyacinth blooms every spring right next to my back door. 
 It's the only one....I look forward to it with anticipation.  I wait just a few days to leave it outside and then bring it in...the whole kitchen smells like spring and all the good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment