Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Daybook

FOR TODAY   (Simplewomansdaybook)
(I wrote this Saturday...just now getting it posted)

Outside my window...
Rain, then sun, then rain, then sun.....

I am thinking....
That my list of things to do is getting too long....

I am thankful...
For Saturdays at home.

In the kitchen
I've hit a dry spell....I've been trying to be healthier (eating more veggies!), but have lacked inspiration this week. I'll have to spend some time with the cookbooks.

I am wearing...
A long sleeve college t-shirt and comfortable pants.

I am creating...
Garden/landscaping plans and there are big plans brewing for the side porch make-over.  I'm gathering ideas and thrifting materials.
 
I am going...
To walk with John down to the grocery store for milk and eggs and to drop a letter in the post office box.  I'm waiting for the next break in the clouds. Later tonight, we'll walk down the street in the other direction to the college theater to view their spring production "The Lion in the Winter".

I am wondering...
This week, the new simple living group sponsored by the county extension office will meet for the first time.  It will be interesting to see how it goes...

I am reading...
Last night I started reading "The Wisdom of Father Anthony" by G.K. Chesterson.  I've never read anything by him and have been wanting to do so for some time. All I have to do now is stay awake at night long enough to do it!
 
I am hoping
To get my seeds planted in these neat little pots I made the other day.

I am looking forward to...
 An early birthday dinner with Emily and Bryce tomorrow afternoon and Spring Break! And only five weeks left of school after that.  I can't wait for the lazy days of summer!

I am learning...
About how much I don't know about plants, etc.... It's hard to plan a landscape when you have to acquire a lot of knowledge first.
 
Around the house...
Still working on the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge.  I'm behind.  I'm hoping to make great strides over spring break.
 
One of my favorite things...
A cup of hot tea on a chilly (not cold) afternoon. I've tried a new blueberry flavor that is fantastic both hot and cold.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week:
The big priority this week is working on scholarship applications with Ben.  The ones he is applying for open next week and it's a rolling acceptance....no time to waste even though he has another year of high school!
College course planning for the summer with Sarah and helping Emily look for a job also will get some attention this week.

A peek into my day...
Up early (5:30) to see Ben and Sarah off for daily activities, paying bills and tracking our spending for the monthly budget, a long walk with John, lunch and a visit with my parents, a delicious cup of chocolate raspberry coffee that I bought with my dad in mind, laundry throughout the day, a little computer time :-)  still to come....vacuuming, dinner, play at the college and off to bed.


Here's a great little coffee table that I thrifted for the side porch covered with my overly ambitious seed order. I will consider it a successful summer if I can follow through with both of these things before August.

Flowers are blooming everywhere....spring is truly here!




No comments:

Post a Comment