Saturday, October 13, 2012

Garden Plans


I've spent a large part of the past two years planning for the future of our garden/homestead.  I've had less time to work in the garden than I would like, but it has been a good time to reflect on the future of our property and how we use it. It has been a time to determine our priorities. 

It's been a good time for me to learn to deal only with what I can manage at the time.  There is no way in the world that I"m ready to take on this whole plan-but I can work at it one phase at a time. 
It's manageable this way.

John has been a great sport through all of this...we've discussed our concerns and our dreams.  I'm the dreamer and he's the realist. He's always good to keep me grounded and not take on more than I should.  He knows that I have the tendency to take on a huge projects before I'm ready.

For something this important....I had to come up with a plan.  It is important to me to be a good steward of our land. I've looked through many blogs, studied historical gardens such as Monticello, and read as much as I could about homestead layouts. 

I've decided there are things I don't want to do that would be better to purchase from others.  I'm a little hesitant about bees...but John isn't...so that will work and maybe someday I'll get over my fear.  I still want chickens, but know that now is not the time for me to take that project on.


So here it is........THE MASTER PLAN!



Up close details.... (dotted lines indicate future plans)


No comments:

Post a Comment