Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Murphy Bed

I've been a bit busy for the past week.  We've had two rather major car break downs.  Saturday, my dad went with me (he has a truck) to haul a trailer and one of our cars to the dealer for a major repair. It was much cheaper than a tow and it was very nice time to spend together.  We had lunch, got the car delivered and I stopped to visit with him and my mom on the way home.

He had an exciting thing to share.  I'm sharing his pictures, because I think this is a great example of saving space.  My dad runs his office from home, but also needs extra sleeping space when all of my siblings come to town.  Last year he purchased the hardware for a Murphy bed.  I've seen them on television, but never in person.  The cabinet maker delivered them last week.  Here are the before and after pictures.  They have had the mattress for a while, but now it has a new permanent home.  I just love the way this turned out!
 
Before....
 
 
Installed...
 
Open.....
 
The finished project...with room to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment